Fix Skype Sign in Problems in Windows and MAC
We’ve found two best working methods that are surely going to fix your Skype login error. Check them out below:
Through Registry Editor
This is considered as one of the best solutions and there is 99% chance that your bug will be easily fixed.
- First of all you’ll need to close skype in order to receive best result.
- Right click on Skype’s icon from the right hand side bottom notification area and press quit.
3.Now navigate to Start, type Run and hit enter or simply press Window Key+R.
4.Type “regedit” in the search box and press enter.
5.After that simply navigate to this path : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Classes/.css.
6.Select .css folder and then from right hand side window double click on “Content Type”.
7.Check the “Value data”, it has default value as “application/X-css”. Change it to text/css and hit OK button.
8.That’s it; you’re done.
Through Shared.xml File
This is another method to fix skype sign in problem. If the above method doesn’t work for you, then try this one.
For Windows: –
- Close Skype from the notification tray as stated above.
- Ensure that you have enabled “Show hidden files and folders“.
- Now search for Run or launch it directly by pressing Window key+R.
- Type “%appdata%” and press enter. Now search for Skype folder and open it.
- Search for “shared.xml” file and delete it. (It will be recreated)
- That’s it, restart the app and your bug is fixed.
For Mac: –
- Quit the Skype as it’s the first step to get the best result of all the solutions.
- Navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/Skype/ . (Here ~ sign is your home directory)
- Do the same, delete the shared.xml file and restart your app.
Check this out : Top 5 Free Web Conferencing Tools
I can sign in to Skype on my Windows/Mac, but my contacts are inactive. How can I fix this?
If your contacts are not showing up after signing in to Skype, try these steps: 1.Check your internet connection: Ensure you have a stable internet connection. Without an internet connection, your contacts won't sync with Skype. 2.Please wait for a while: Sometimes, it might take time for your contacts to sync with the Skype servers. Wait for a few minutes and see if the references appear. 3.Check contact settings: Verify that you can show all contacts in Skype settings. Sometimes, the app might be set to show only specific contact lists. 4.Update Skype: Make sure you are using the latest version of Skype. Outdated versions might have compatibility issues. 5.Reinstall Skype: If all else fails, try uninstalling Skype from your device and then reinstalling it. This process can sometimes resolve issues with contact synchronization.
So this was all about how to fix Skype sign in problems. These were the best and proven solutions to this error. If you’ve any doubt or query then feel free to leave a comment below in the comment section.
He is a Tech Geek, Gadget Expert, SEO Expert, Web Designer, and a Blogger. Having a technology background gives him a unique perspective!