In today’s world of intelligent devices, TCL has become a prevalent name in smart TVs. You can do a range of things on TCL Roku TVs, and you only need an internet connection like Xfinity. Let us look into how to Connect TCL Roku TV to Xfinity wifi Hotspot and get started with your smart TV.
To connect your TCL Roku TV to Xfinity wifi Hotspot, you need to prepare for the connection, access the network settings, choose the wireless network, click on Xfinity wifi Hotspot, wait for the link, confirm the link, and then finally test the connection.
TCL is a famous brand in the United States. This brand offers a wide range of features in television sets and high-picture quality TVs at a meager price.TCL’s smart TVs come with the operating system Roku. You can watch Netflix, stream videos on YouTube, play games, etc.
Xfinity is a popular Internet Service Provider and provides multiple wifi Hotspots to which you can connect your TCL Roku TV and start using all the intelligent features of the TV set.
Xfinity wifi Hotspots are a way to connect your smart TV to the internet as they provide high internet speeds, are cost-effective ( you don’t have to have a separate internet connection for your smart TV), and are convenient to use as they are available everywhere.
Let us look into how to Connect your TCL Roku TV to Xfinity wifi Hotspot and fully use your TCL Roku TV.
See also: 8 Best Android TV Launchers in 2023
Preparing for the Connection
To Prepare for the connection, follow these steps:
- Firstly, ensure that your locality has Xfinity’s internet services.
- If it doesn’t, you need to subscribe to an internet connection of Xfinity and buy a wireless connecting gateway or router.
- Then, turn on the power button of your TCL Roku TV.
- When your TV is turned on, click the icon with the picture of a house on the remote. This will direct you to the home screen.
Accessing the Network Settings
Next, in the steps on how to connect TCL Roku TV to Xfinity wifi Hotspots, we need to access the network settings. To access the network settings, follow these steps:
- You are directed to the home screen when you click the home button on the remote.
- Next, on the home screen, look for the Settings option.
- Then, use the arrow keys on the remote to navigate this option. Then, click on ‘OK.’
- In the Settings menu, you can see an option for the network. Navigate to it and click on ‘OK.’
Choosing the Wireless Network
To choose the wireless network, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the “Wireless wifi” option in the Network menu.
- Click on it. The TV will now start scanning for available wifi Hotspots.
- Click ‘XfinityWiFi’ or ‘Xfinity’ in the watched networks list. Click on OK.
Connecting to the Xfinity wifi Hotspot
Next, in the steps on
how to connect TCL Roku TV to Xfinity wifi Hotspots, we need to connect to the Xfinity wifi Hotspot. To connect to the Xfinity wifi Hotspot, follow these steps:
- When you click on Xfinity’s wifi Hotspot, it will show you a prompt.
- You must log in with your credentials and password to connect your TCL Roku TV to the Xfinity wifi Hotspot. Then, use the onscreen keyboard and the arrow keys on the remote to navigate through alphabets, numbers, and characters to enter your password and other login credentials.
- Then, you need to connect to this just once. Further, the intelligent TV will automatically connect to the wifi without you having to do anything.
- Then, confirm the password by typing it again and clicking “connect” or “OK.”
Waiting for the Connection
Now, you have to wait for the connection to happen. Now, allow the TCL Roku TV to check the password, connect and configure to Xfinity wifi Hotspot. This process can take a while.
You can check your router or wireless gateway device if it takes a long time. If it still takes time, restart your smart TV and repeat the above steps.
Confirming the Connection
- When the TV is connected to the Xfinity wifi Hotspot, a confirmation message will pop up that will indicate so.
- Again, click on the Home button on the remote.
- Then, click on Settings.
- Further, click on network and then click on Wireless wifi.
- Check if the “Xfinity” or “XfinityWiFi” option shows connected.
Testing the Connection
Further, you need to test the connection. Follow these steps to test your network connection.
- Click on the Home button on the remote.
- You will be shown various channels and streaming platforms like Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video, etc.
- Further, click on any of them. Log into your account using your login credentials like email id/username and password.
- Then, start streaming any video or movie, or show.
- If the video streams without trouble, then the TCL Roku TV has been successfully connected to Xfinity wifi Hotspot.
Thus, you can confirm that your smart TV is connected to the internet.
What if your connection fails? Here are five things you can do to connect your TCL Roku TV to the Xfinity wifi Hotspot.
- Check the signal strength of your Xfinity wifi Hotspot.
- If the signal strength is acceptable, try restarting your router or wireless gateway device in both cases.
- If you cannot connect, try restarting your TCL Roku TV.
- If it still doesn’t work, go to Wireless wifi, click Forget The Network, and try logging into the network again.
If the problem persists, you can call the customer support of TCL Roku TV or Xfinity wifi Hotspot or visit their support page. You can also ask about your situation on Reddit or Quora, and people will be there to help.
How do I Connect my Xfinity wifi to my TCL Roku TV?
To connect your TCL Roku TV to Xfinity wifi Hotspot, you need to prepare for the connection, access the network settings, choose the wireless network, connect to the Xfinity WIFI Hotspot, wait for the link, confirm the connection, and then finally test the connection.
Can you use the Xfinity wifi hotspot on Roku TV?
Yes, you can use Xfinity WIFI Hotspot on Roku TV. Go to Wireless WIFI and connect to “xfinitywifi” or “XFINITY” using your login credentials.
How can I Connect my TV to the Xfinity hotspot?
Go to Settings on your TV. Click on Network. Click on Wireless WIFI. Connect to “xfinitywifi” or “XFINITY” using your login credentials.
Is Xfinity wifi free?
No, you can access Xfinity WIFI only if you have a subscription.
Thus, to connect your TCL Roku TV to Xfinity wifi Hotspot, you need to prepare for the connection, access the network settings, choose the wireless network, click on Xfinity wifi Hotspot, wait for the connection, confirm the connection, and then finally test the connection.
This is how you can connect your smart TV to the internet, watch videos, stream movies and shows, and play games.
See also: Free apps for wifi calling
He is a Tech Geek, Gadget Expert, SEO Expert, Web Designer, and a Blogger. Having a technology background gives him a unique perspective!