If you are a fan of the vintage console and retro game, then you should know that a reliable emulator is a key to cool retro gaming. Today, we are going to talk about the emulator that can run Nintendo 64 games best, which is Project64. Still, the given emulator is famous not only for its ability to support lots of N64 games and run them without lags and freezes.
It also boasts of in-built cheats designed to facilitate a player’s progress. If you want to learn how to use cool cheats in Project64 and make your game-play even more exciting, go on reading our article.
3 Ways to Cheat in Retro Games Using the Project 64 Emulator
1. Making Adjustments in Cheats Menu
When you download the Project64 emulator from a reliable source and install it onto your comp, you will want to activate the advanced setting, without which cheating won’t be possible.
- To enable it, make sure to access the “Options” menu and click “Settings.”
- After that, select “Options” and uncheck the “Hide Advanced Options” box.
- When you leave “Options,” the changes will be saved.
Next, you’ll need to access the “ROMs” section in your emulator. ROM files are essential components for retrogaming. They are images of a specific vintage system’s games. So, your task will be to open the ROM file you should download from the Internet in advance to make the Cheats menu accessible.
- If you’re looking for ROMs, but cannot choose among a plethora of online sources offering their assistance in downloading games, you can avail yourself of our advice and spare yourself time by visiting RomsMode. Start looking for N64 ROM games on RomsMode and you’ll find lots of cool games your emulator will be able to run perfectly.
Then, open your Cheat menu. Enter the system menu and select “Cheats.”(Make certain that the game is running during the cheat activation). Also, note that it’s possible to choose a game from the ROM folder by right-clicking on it and selecting “Edit Cheats.”
Check this out : Best GBA Emulator for Android | Top 6 in 2021
2. Using Premade Cheats
Another useful option may be using premade cheats that have been thoughtfully added to the emulator by developers.
When the game finishes loading, access the menu and enter the “Cheats” section. From there, you will be able to select any cheats you think will be useful for your game.
- You will see a list of available tricks such as infinite character creation points, max score in mini-games, and many others. You can enable any cheats and even add a new one into the list.
- Each cheat usually come with a brief description. So, you are encouraged to familiarize yourself with more detailed information about a cheat you intend to activate.
When you decide what cheat to activate, you’ll be required to check the corresponding box next to this cheat. Keep in mind that you are free to choose as many cheats as you want. Still, remember not to overuse cheats. We recommend that you don’t enable more than 4 or 5 cheats simultaneously to avoid the emulator crashing.
Once you are done with that, you will be able to use the chosen cheat in any of N64 games. As a rule, tricks come into effect right after being activated. In the majority of cases, cheats are going into effect immediately. Still, if some problem occurs and you find yourself unable to use a cheat, you are recommended to repeat the procedure of cheat activation during the gameplay.
3. Adding New Cheats
If you’re not a programmer and cannot create your own cheats, you’re free to download them from the web. Search for the cheat online. Download and add it to your emulator.
- Make certain to use reliable websites for downloading the necessary software.
- Note that Project64 supports GameShark codes only.
To add the preferred cheat, fire up a game of your choice and go back to the Cheat menu.
From the menu, select the “New Cheat” option, which may be hidden at first. Don’t worry and make it visible by right-clicking on the blank space or anything else within your menu.
Create an appropriate name for the downloaded cheat and save it to the “Code” box.
Now you can use premade and added cheats while playing your favorite N64 games on Project64.
He is a Tech Geek, Gadget Expert, SEO Expert, Web Designer, and a Blogger. Having a technology background gives him a unique perspective!