LiteManager is a program for remote based administrations for Windows computers. It works concurrently on many systems in different remote access modes. It is an app which allows one computer to interact with another and control it. The second desktop screen opens in the first computer and can be controlled by its own components. It in many ways is analogous to TeamViewer but is most ways is better than that. The program consists of two different parts they are the client-side module and the server-side module, which are installed on client systems and servers respectively. Establishing a new connection is a piece of cake.
One just needs to mention the IP address, while connecting and needs to specify the password, set while LiteManager Server Installation. There are various styles that can be chosen for displaying the list of remote computers. They include; scalable thumbnails, or ordinary icons or a simple list or a table format. Different computers and their different states are also represented uniquely. Here’s the main window look as shown in the image below.
Key Components Of LiteManager
It provides a user-friendly interface with various panels which include:
1. Remote control / Remote viewing
The main screen which appears just after the program is launched it incorporates many features like drag and drop, switching between various monitors and remote computers and system clipboards.
2. File Transferring and File Manager
The users can easily access, move, cut, copy and paste files in the remote desktop.
3. Remote task manager
The processes are viewed using the task manager. They may be started or stopped accordingly. Reports can be generated automatically and can be exported to HTML or XML formats.
4. Text Chat
This can be enabled between two types of users which include – ROM viewer and regular users through ROM server.
6. Device Manager
Hardware, software along with their current details can be easily managed through the app.
7. Screen Recorder
The screen activities can be recorded and transmitted over the network.
8. Network Map
It generates a map of connections that can be arranged by the user itself. It is made convenient by adding windows to draw lines between them. Color highlights can also be used.
Connecting with a dynamic IP.
9. Remote Installation
It is used to install, update, stop or restart the server on the user’s computer.
The primary mode allows reducing the traffic by a gradient of 5 to 10 it allows connection in different terminal sessions and an ability to switch amongst them, to look inside them and to sync clipboards with them
The software also allows configuring a completely autonomous support service, with the aid of free NoIP app that helps in distributing the program. It also facilitates distance learning program through The Internet or in classrooms using the demonstration mode easily replacing the projectors.
The test version is available for 30 days and later the users can decide whether they want to continue it further or not. The free version has some basic features and functions available but is available for less than 30 computers. But it can be installed in organizations for commercial purposes.
It allows computers to connect with each other without an IP address but through a unique personal ID. It is an additional program which lets users interact with LMViwer and LMServer.
Support All Major Operating Systems
The program can be downloaded on Linux and Mac OS using WINE which stands for Wine is Not an Emulator. It is neither a virtual machine nor an Emulator rather converts the Windows API into POSIX which is compliant with many operating systems. It neatly allows Linux and Mac users to utilize Windows apps and LiteManager can be integrated into this model. It is also available for Android OS.
Secure Data Transmission
The best and the most effective part of LiteManger is the secured, encrypted and compressed transmission of data through several security subsystems which include Windows NT and LiteManger. They use one of the most advanced and enhanced technology for RSA encryption key generation.
An IP filter also grants users to allow and deny access to particular IP addresses or a range of IP addresses. It is always recommended to build a filter that allows only a range of addresses to be a part of the access and information sharing. Also, enable password protection for enhanced security.
How To Install And Use LiteManager
- The very first step is to download it from LiteManager’s official website.
- You can download LiteManager free version or upgrade to a pro version. The Free version provides 30 free licenses for remote access to 30 computers while the upgraded version would offer more than thirty licenses with a time limitation of 1 month.
- Download the zip file from the above link and extract it on your system. Now there are two steps for a perfect connection.
Setting Up Server
- Install LiteManager server and simply start it once the installation process has completed.
- Now select Connect by ID from the context menu. (You can find it on the system tray at the right bottom)
|Connect By ID|
- In the next window, enter your desired ID to establish a connection with the server. If you do not want to enter an ID then simply hit the Connect button and it will randomly generate an ID.
- Once the connection is established, it will be shown in the status line.
- Now install LiteManager viewer from the extracted zip file.
- Choose Connect by ID from the main menu of the viewer.
- A new window will pop up, enter the ID of the required server. (The remote system’s server ID from which you want to connect)
- Press Connect button and you will be connected to the remote computer.
- You can control mode of operation from the viewer app such as Full control, view only, file transfer and many more.
- Additional Server Options– Server will be connected automatically after a specified interval of time.
|Auto Server Connect|
- Additional Viewer Options– Under information tab you can view the list of currently available NoIP servers, license type, the number of connections, availability of a filter. You can select any server from the list to connect with it.
|Additional Viewer Options|
- Use Corporate LiteManager NoIP Server– Shows that it’s essential to use the corporate LiteManager NoIP server. You can enter your NoIP disabling check option.
- You can customize several other options such as do not hide your IP, use only licensed NoIP, connect only through NoIP.
- For more information and guide click here.
Difference Between Free & Paid Version
Some Of The Untapped Features
Plans & Pricing
- A standard license based on a number of servers. (remote computers)
- HelpDesk license based on a number of active connections.(channels)
LiteManager is also available for android (Android client) and Linux, Mac OS (Wine)operation system.
Rahul Gupta is the founder of CrunchyTricks .He is a Tech Geek, SEO Expert, Web Designer and a Blogger.