Do you need a lot of subscribers to make a lot of money on YouTube?The short answer to this question is no. The first and most important thing to know is that you don't get money based on how many subscribers you have rather by a number of views you get.
Why do you have to pay a subscription fee for some channels then?Subscribers are not asked to pay any subscription fee for following most of the channels. However, paid subscriptions are something that YouTube has implemented as well.
How can you make your channel a paid channel?You can charge subscription fee only if your channel is a paid channel for which you have to meet certain requirements. There is an eligibility criterion given by YouTube to enable paid content. To be eligible to create paid content, you must fulfill following conditions:
- You meet the criteria for YouTube partnership. It is possible only if paid subscription service is available in your country. Also, the content you upload should be of high quality and appropriate for all audiences. It also involves agreeing to YouTube’s terms and conditions and copyright materials.
- Your mobile number should verify your account. You must provide and verify your mobile number. Once this is done, you can add videos of more than 15 minutes.
- Your YouTube account should be linked to an approved AdSense account. To earn money on YouTube, you need to connect the two accounts. If you don’t have an AdSense account, then you must first sign up for it through your Google account. You can link your Adsense account to more than one YouTube account.
- Your channel must already have at least 1000 active subscribers.
Is there any way to get more subscribers?There are a few tips to increase your subscribers that you may like:
- Produce highly engaging content: - Make your video entertaining and valuable. Always remember that quality is more important than quantity.
- Increase your uploading frequency: - The main reason why anyone will subscribe your channel is that they love your work and would love to see more of it. So you need to be active to get their attention.
- Optimize your Title of the video: - Optimising your content is crucial nowadays. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the process to optimize your content for web searches.
- Let people find you: - Make use of the option provided by YouTube to link to your official web page.