What does error 0x80070070 in Windows 10 states?This kind of mistakes occurs or pops up when your PC fails to have sufficient memory needed for installation of updates. It’s said that you require 30GB of memory space to install Windows ten updates. Thus if the drive where you want to install, have less then this memory then you will not to download updates and hence error will pop up.
So this error is caused when
- Lack of space in your PC, or specifically the drive in which you are trying to install the updates.
- Malware or Virus infection. Sometimes, when your PC gets infected by the virus or any malware. Since they are hidden in your PC and also corrupt others files o your PC thus even if your drive or a particular folder looks spacious, but you add anything to them, pop up occurs stating insufficient space.
- Clogged registry on PC.
- You cannot install updates either few or none, on your PC.
- Unable to install any additional apps or software.
- Unable to update existing apps or application software.
- As I said earlier, whenever you check the memory of your PC, it seems to be near to its full capacity.
- If such situation is due to Virus or Malware, then other files (System, User, media, etc.) or software will also get corrupted.
- Since Updates are not installed, other system function, which depends on upon updates will not take place; the i.e. system may not work properly.
1. Disk CleanupIt’s important to know how much space left on your drive so that you get the idea how much more you needed. Now straightforward and quick tactic to get extra space is cleaning up your drive. For this, there is already a tool available on your PC. It’s called “Disk Cleanup tool.” Thus will save time and will free up hard drive space and will optimize the PC performance.
- Go to Start menu.
- Browse Explore option.
- Select “This PC.”
- Right, click on C drive, select Properties.
- Select Disk Cleanup sub option.
- Here you will get the option you want to clean up. (Especially error logs, temp files, and Recycle Bin, etc.).
- After you are done. Click OK for Disk Cleanup.
- Below disk cleanup, you will also see an option for “System files.” It is important since after updating to Windows 10, some sys files of older OS version will be there in your PC which is no longer needed and may also conflict will new updates.
- After selecting system files of the older version that are irrelevant now, click OK.
2. Unwanted Apps & Software
- Go to Start.
- Navigate to Settings>>System>>Apps>>Features.
- Search for Program you want to uninstall from the list.
- Select it and then click uninstall.