USB drives offer a higher speed and much more storage capacities than the conventional options. It’s a lot easier to carry data in USB drives around, but at times we rather forget these little ones around, or they are out of sight for some time. We usually have to hand over these to someone for sharing information. What if the data which was intended only for a particular person lands into wrong hands? Or someone sneaks behind to get that information out of your little portable buddy?
Here we present you with the list of a few Best Data Encryption Software for your PC.
1. VeraCryptThis software has simple to use and features a light build design. The drives encrypted using this software are even immune to brute-force attacks making it one of the exciting features that makes one to choose this software. It one of the best methods for encrypting your system and drives so that they are safe. It solves the potential vulnerabilities that are found in TrueCrypt.
2. StorageCryptThis software can encrypt a 2TB Drive in a few seconds. It’s one of the most powerful encryption software that you can use to safeguard your storage drives. It is easy to use software that even a person with minimalist computer skills can use it. It uses the 128 bit AES encryption format for the security. You don’t even need to have software installed on another system to use it. It’s one of the best, safer and smaller application.
See Also: - Best Screen Recording Software
3. BitLockerIt’s a default software that comes along with the windows built in for the security of your data. All you need to do is connect your drive to your PC and simply encrypt it by going into your control panel settings. This little-inbuilt tool is incredibly straightforward and easy to use to safeguard your data.
4. DiskCryptorAs its name suggests, it is an open source software that can encrypt all your disk drives where you can store the data, including the system drive. It uses algorithms like AES, Twofish, and Serpent in a combination to safeguard your valuable data. Along with the encryption, it also enhances your system performance up to some extent. It supports a broad range of operating systems right from windows 2000 to windows 8.1 and even server systems.
It's most commonly used software that can be used to encrypt the USB drives. It’s a lightweight tool that uses the 256-bit encryption method to safeguard your files. It supports all Windows versions. You can use it freely for using it for drives up to 4GB. You can download it from a wide range of websites.
See Also: - iOS Emulators for Web Developers
This software is a kind of one with the features that you would wish in an ultra-advance encryption software. It’s a software that you can use on a 30- day trial period after which you’ll need a license to activate the product. You can encrypt unlimited amount of data drives with it. It comes along with a full range extension and tools that make you access your all encrypted drives without remembering the passwords for them all time. With a lot of features coming along with it. This software might be beneficial for you and your necessary data.
This software has a funky and cool design that looks like giving it a metal finish look. Apart from look of the software, it’s a pretty good tool for simple and effective encryption. You just need to plugin the USB and it detects the drive, rest are just simple features/options you require to choose and your device is encrypted and is safely locked with a password.
See Also: - Software to Create Bootable USB
It uses AES 256 algorithm for encryption. You could recover the data if you made a mistake with the application. Overall it’s a straightforward and useful software which is available for all the latest Windows versions. It comes with a free ten-time trial and then you need to purchase the software.
This software is a stand-alone application that doesn’t need to be installed on any computer before running. You can directly use it to encrypt your drives where you store all your sensitive data. You can simply plugin, and you can have access to the files or can protect it. It uses AES 256 bit encryption for securing your sensitive data. This software works with both MAC and Windows PC. It’s a simple yet efficient drive encryption software.
9. USB SecurityThis software is very much similar to the previous one. It doesn’t need to be installed on any system to decrypt your files. You can just carry it along on your flash drive, and it eases the work for you. You can encrypt your data without the hassles of installing the software on the systems you wish to work with your drives on. It not only safeguards your data from stealth but also protects it from malware and other infiltration keeping it safe and secure. Though this software doesn’t do much apart from protecting your data yet it's another simple to use and cool application.
It’s a well-known tool for encryption of the drives to keep relevant information and data safe from stealth and damage. It’s an open source software tool that can be used with ease freely. It comes with a GNU general public license, which means you can use it without any extra costs and if you’re a programmer you can even upgrade this software according to your wish and will.