You don’t need much of an experience beforehand to start using them. Even if you get stuck somewhere, there are forums and blogs to guide you through. For Windows users, let me introduce 10 Best Screen Recording Software.
1. EzvidEzvid screen recording tool with a bunch of modest functionalities. It has a built-in video editor. With this, you can split the records and add text in between two video clips which can create a slideshow effect. The videos produced cannot in any way be exported. However, they can be uploaded to YouTube for sharing.
Rylstim Screen Recorder is a simple and easy to use a screen recorder. It has a basic layout and an interface with no complications. All you have to do is press the Start Record button, and the video gets recorded. The only customization is available for the frame rate and the choice to show left or right clicks on the recorded video.
3. WebinariaWebinaria is a free recording tool which doesn’t impose any watermark restrictions or other limitations. This tool can be used to create videos for recording software demonstrations and tutorials. You can insert texts in the video. The accompanying audio can also be recorded or turned off according to your choice.
Flashback Express Recorder is a product by Blueberry Software. It is available in three versions viz. Free, Plus and Pro. The free version has the basic features such as recording from the screen or webcam and also recording the audio. You can set the window size and insert texts at relevant places. The final product can be uploaded to YouTube or exported to AVI or Flash.
The best features lie in the Pro version which is worth $199. In addition to the other features, you have provisions to edit the video and add zoom, blur and other effects.
Free Screen Video Recorder from DVDVideoSft is a compact tool to record videos and capture screenshots. You can also record audio from microphone and mouse clicks which are ideal for tutorials with verbal instructions. You can also select the window size in which the recordings are done.
6. KrutKrut is a recording tool written in Java to make screen casting easier. It doesn't require installation but needs Java to run. So after downloading, you will have to run the .jar file to get started. You can record videos with or without the audio. The window size can also be decided as you wish.
7. ALLCaptureALLCapture has functionalities to edit and add effects to the recorded videos. These are ideal for tutorials. Besides, MS PowerPoint presentations can be converted into videos for demonstrations. You can also add notes and captions in the videos.
8. HyperCamWith HyperCam, you can record Skype videos and audio calls. It also works well as an ordinary screen recording software. It has a user-friendly interface and can grab the video in overlay mode. You can manage the captured video and perform edits with the HyperCam Media Editor.
9. GoViewGoView is a free tool from Citrix Online. It allows you to capture videos and screenshots and upload them on various sharing websites. The videos can be edited, and effects can be applied. Title slides can be inserted as separators within the video.
10. Windows 10 Screen RecordingFor Windows 10 users, screen recording can be done without a third party application. For this:
- Run the Xbox app from Start menu.
- While the Xbox is running, navigate to the app which you want to record and press Win + G.
- A dialog box appears asking if you want to open Game bar. Press Yes and Xbox records the screen for you.
Final WordsAll these tools are compatible with the traditional versions of Windows. So even if you haven’t installed Windows 10, you can still get the most out of this software. Most of them offer the essential features for free. But the features such as blur, zoom, text boxes and special effect tools are worth every penny you spend on them.
They give you a real recording and editing studio experience. Even the screenshots can be captured, and important parts of it can be highlighted. By the inclusion of audio, you can give a live commentary of what is being recorded or play some track in the background. And with the screen selection feature, only the essential part gets recorded, and you can easily omit the rest.
These are ideal for your presentations or even for your personal use. With easy sharing to YouTube, releasing your work is much easier. You can also save your creation to your device if you want to keep it private. Give it a try and let us know your reviews!