Many online tools do image compression very much up to our expectations. Here are 10 online image compression tools that you wouldn’t want to miss out!
1. CompressjpegCompressjpeg is easy to use compression tool. Here is how you can use it:
- Open compressjpeg in your browser.
- In the site, you can see the option UPLOAD FILES. Click on it.
- Browse and upload the image from your device.
- Or, you can simply drag and drop the image you wish to compress.
- The compression happens quickly. And within a few seconds, the compressed image can be seen in the queue. The speed of compression depends on the size of the image that you are uploading and of course your internet speed!
- Once the image compression is done, you can download the compressed image by clicking on the DOWNLOAD option. The image shows by how much percent the image has been compressed. Or rather, it shows how much the size of the image has reduced.
- Now if you want, more details about the compressed image can be seen. For this, hover the mouse over the image. A SETTINGS option becomes visible. Click on it.
- On scrolling down, you can see the size of the compressed image and its quality compared to the original image. You can compress the image further depending upon the size constraints you have in mind using the slider button or with the help of the ‘plus’ and ‘minus’ icons. As you reduce the size, a comparison between the similar image quality can also be seen. Once you have found the perfect balance between size and quality, click on APPLY.
- One can compress up to 20 images at a time using this compressor tool. Using the DOWNLOAD ALL option, all the compressed images are downloaded on your device in a zip folder. Or you can even download them individually if there are only one or two images to be compressed.
- CLEAR QUEUE option can be used to remove the picture compression queue.
2. CompresspngIf the image you have is of PNG format, using the compressJPG tool mentioned above, you’ll have first to convert the image to jpg and then compress it. Instead, compresspng can be used. The interface is just like that of compressjpg. Here also, up to 20 images can be compressed at once.
With more PNG files gaining popularity in the internet and new browsers, this PNG compression tool might be worth a try.
If you are ready to lose the quality of the image to a great extent and your only concern is a picture of the minuscule size, jpegoptimizer is the best tool. The image can be compressed by uploading it as shown. The compression level and width can be specified.
5. CompressorCompressor supports JPEG, PNG, GIF and SVG images.
Lossless compression suggests that original images can be completely reconstructed from the compressed image. PNG and JPEG formats support this.
First up, upload the image. An image of up to 10 MB can be uploaded. Then choose the type of compression and wait for a few seconds.
6. ConvertimageThe best thing about compress image is the diversity of image formats that it supports. And you can compress the image and at the same time convert it to a new format.
Select the picture and then choose a compression level.
#7 TinypngTinypng can compress PNG and JPEG formats. The best thing is there is little difference between the way the original and compressed images look although the size reduction is quite high.
Initially, upload the image to be compressed. Up to 2o images, each of a maximum size of 5 MB can be uploaded at once.
One can either download the picture or upload it to Dropbox. The image compression details are shown after compression.