Note: - You won't be able to get rid from vocals of all songs. You can't remove vocals from each and every mp3 using this software rather if you need a quick vocal removal then it's for you. This open source tool will give best result with the stereo tracks.
What Is Audacity?Audacity is an open source free-ware multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac and Linux operating system.
Features Of AudacityIt has literally awesome features, some of them I have listed below.
- Record live audio.
- Record computer playback on any Windows Vista or later machine.
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MP2, MP3 or Ogg Vorbis sound files.
- AC3, M4A/M4R (AAC), WMA and other formats supported using optional libraries.
- Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
- Numerous effects including change speed or pitch and vocal reduction or isolation (given suitable stereo tracks).
How To Remove Vocals Using Audacity
- Download latest version of Audacity from here if you're not having till yet.
- Install it on your system and click on it open.
- Now navigate to File>Open and select the desired mp3 file from which you wanna remove vocals. (You can directly drag mp3 from iTunes also)
- It will load on its own in the audacity.
- After that navigate to Effect> Vocal Remover (for center-panned vocals) and click on it.
- A new window will pop up simply click on OK button with the default settings.
- That's it, you'll get a song with removed vocals.
- To save your file navigate to File>Export Audio.
- If you're facing error with Simple (entire spectrum) then simply select Remove frequency band or Retain frequency band from "Removal choice". Also you can change frequency band limit.