What Is Search Engine Optimization?According to Wikipedia Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine's "natural" or un-paid ("organic") search results. In general, the earlier (or higher ranked on the search results page), and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine's users. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, video search, academic search, news search and industry-specific vertical search engines.
Overall if I want to describe it in short and simple language for new students in blogging then it's a process which will make your website rank higher in search results and then you will be able to get good traffic from search engine. Mainly SEO is divided into two parts i.e. on-page seo and off-page seo. Which is further subdivided into some parts such as directory submission, social bookmarking, keyword analysis and many more. Go ahead now, you will find ultimate seo tips.
10 Ultimate SEO Tips For Beginners:
1. Keyword Research:If you will ask me about the most important factor in SEO then it's Keyword Research. You probably don't know but the user and search engines both are dependent on keyword only. If a user want to know about something then he or she will Google about it using keyword while when search engines, crawlers needs to find any website then they also takes help of keywords. Overall both are indirectly attached to keywords.
All I can simply say is that it's a fundamental to all the things you do on the internet. Selecting right keywords which matches your content simply means your site is optimized for showing up in search engine results whenever someone searches for those keywords or phrases. But it's not a child play to use keywords. Everyone can't use keywords properly, it's an art and only those people can configure keywords properly who knows very well what people are looking for?
There are many tools available which you can use such as Google Adwords Keyword Tool, Market Samurai, Long Tail Pro etc to find profitable keywords for your website.
2. Optimize Page Title and Description:Title
Page title is a very important factor of SEO. Specially low volume keywords can drive traffic to your blog easily if your title is unique and SEO optimized. Every page on your website should have a unique title tag and it should be less than 75 characters. And also don't forget to add meta description about the article. Description should be between 140-160 words. Meta description is necessary because it helps search engines to know about what your article is about. I have given some characteristics of page title check them:
- Your website's each and every page should have a unique and easily understood-able title which will describe about the content of the page.
- Try to explain your title in brief and descriptive language because it attracts viewers towards your website.
- Always try to explain user what the page is about.
Here description refers to meta description.It's also important factor regarding seo. It simply tells search engines what the page is all about. Always follow the points given below:
- Size of your meta description should be between 140-160 words.
- Try to use only unique description for your pages, articles.
- Don't ever try to repeat your title in the description.
- Avoid use of too much keywords.
3. Optimize Link Structure:It simply refers to the format of URLs. It is one of the most important factor of SEO. Follow the steps below given to improve your SEO.
- Always try to use only those urls which are easy to understand.
- Use hyphens (-) to separate words in the url.
- Don't use lengthy urls.
- Use keywords in the url but don't use stuffing of unnecessary keywords.
4. Keyword Density:Always use keywords in your article. But beware! in the limit only. Excess of anything is a dangerous thing. Remember keyword density should be between 2-4%. Lets say if you have written a post of 800 words then don't repeat your keyword more than 3-4 times in a gap of 100 words. You can be penalized by Google if your keyword density exceeds 5-6%.
Read Also :- How To Access Whatsapp Without Phone Number ?
5. Avoid Duplicate Content:Google seriously doesn't like duplicate content. If your content is original then surely it will rank higher in the search engines. Most of the newbies don't knows about the policies of the Google and keep on posting duplicate content. They just do copy and paste on their blogs just to get the high traffic. But at the time of copying they don't remember they can be penalized by Google after the latest update.
So it is always advised to write your own original and unique content and say no to duplicate content.
6. Internal Linking:Internal linking means links in a page that points to other pages within the website. See the screenshot below, here when you will click on Killer Trick To Hide Files In JPG it will take you to the another article of the website. It's called internal linking which is a important factor for SEO.
- Try to link other posts using keyword anchor text or by using full title of the post.
- Don't link irrelevant links, Only those links will help you which your user will find worth for own-self.
- Don't create internal links in bulk. 4-5 links are enough in a complete article.
7. Use Different Headings:One of the most important factor of seo. If you are not using headings is your blog or website then surely you are lacking the top ranking of search engines. Always follow some rules given below while using heading:
- H1 heading is used for the title of your post.
- H2 heading is used for the main heading of your post.
- For the rest content use H3 heading.
- Don't overload H2 headings in your post.
- Use Bold and Italics for keywords in your post to draw attention of user.